Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

Is my donation/contribution tax deductible?

The Humane Society of Edmonson County is a 501(c)3 and   most contributions are tax deductible.  We send a tax receipt  for all donations/contributions.

Do you take checks/money orders

Absolutely! Please make them payable to Humane Society of Edmonson County, or HSEC.  

You can mail them to us at:


PO Box 274, Brownsville, KY 42210

Where will my contribution go?

Contributions will go to help the animals of Edmonson County through funding a savings account to build our own animal shelter in the future, low-cost spay/neuters, rabies clinics, pet food donations to local food pantries and other programs. 

Are your meetings public?

Yes.  Our meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome to attend.  Look for upcoming meetings listed here on our website and on our Facebook page.

How can I help?

At times we need certain items that you will find in our Wish List.  Also, we need foster parents for pets so they will become more adoptable and so we can help more animals.  You can see more info for our foster program under Our Animals.

When does your annual newsletter come out?

Our goal is to mail on or around October 10th each year. Keep your eye on your mailbox.

How do I become a member?

Making a donation of any kind will make you a member of the Humane Society of Edmonson County for that calendar year, this includes volunteering.

Will you sell my information?


Are you affiliated with the County government?

No.  We are a separate entity.

‚ÄčAre you part of or associated with EC Paws?

No.  They are their own group.  We share a common goal of helping the animals in Edmonson County.